Human beings are made of water; the proportion of salt in our body ranges from 14 g in a baby to 250 g in an adult man. Remember that salt is mainly sodium chloride and, depending on the salt, like sea salt, this ingredient can contain up to 82 minerals beneficial to health and the body’s system. Click here to know about ninja de-icer.
Why Is It Important To Consume Salt?
Sodium is vital for our body because it is the leading actor in muscle contraction. Since the heart is a muscle, it needs it to pump blood throughout our body, so sodium also helps the oxygenation of the body through the blood. In addition, sodium, chlorine, and other electrolytes are necessary for the proper functioning of metabolism, such as:
- Regulators in the balance of fluids in the body
- Blood pH regulators
- They help the absorption of potassium, which is vital for the muscle contraction process, among other functions
- The conduction of nervous stimuli
- The proper functioning of cells
- The fluid balances
- Muscle contraction
- Improves skin hydration
- In addition to these metabolic functions: it helps reduce acne and remove dead hair cells if placed directly on the skin moist. You can create a mask with salt and a little water.
What Happens When Our Body Loses Sodium?
On the contrary, if in our body sodium levels decrease in considerable amounts, our body becomes dehydrated; this process generates specific symptoms such as:
- Tired state
- Physical, mental, emotional, and mental exhaustion
- Mental confusion and deconcentration
- Incorrect internal workings, for which we must quickly replenish the minerals
- Problems with muscle contraction
- Arterial hypotension
How To Compensate For This Loss Of Minerals?
Since the body is unable to produce salt, it is necessary to use the sodium that most foods contain in its natural state; however, in some, the amount of this mineral may decrease due to manufacturing processes such as cooking, so for the necessary ingestion of this fundamental nutrient, it is recommended to add a little salt to compensate for this loss.
How Much Salt To Consume?
Now, ninja de-icer must emphasize that, depending on the person’s health, the amount of sodium they can include in their diet will be. There is a general recommendation by the World Health Organization (WHO), which indicates a maximum consumption of 2000 mg, which is equivalent to 5 teaspoons (25 gr) of salt per day if there is no illness or doctor’s indication, nutritionist or expert in the area of health that indicates it.