What is a riding record?
A riding record is nothing more than a history of your bike riding. Your driving record number, identifying information, the number of traffic tickets you’ve gotten, and information about accidents are all included in the history.
Your riding habits are also included in the record. A spotless driving record demonstrates that you adhere to traffic laws and drive safely. While the authorities in charge of regulating traffic take into account these factors, insurers simply evaluate the number of claims and accidents when determining the bike insurance rate.
How does a spotless driving record impact bike insurance?
Several elements go towards determining your bajaj allianz bike insurance
- Make and model of your car
- How you travel (location)
- Your car’s year of production
- History/record of riding
- Claim history
- Kind of plan
- (IDV) Insured Declared Value for bike *
Insurers offer lower insurance premiums to riders who are less likely to raise claims during the policy period. Riders with good riding records are likely to qualify for substantial money-saving benefits offered by insurers. ##
Factors that affect riding record
Your riding history is impacted by a number of factors. Here are the key elements that have an impact on your riding history.
- Driving violations: Breaking traffic laws can ruin your riding record and make you appear unreliable. Bad riding records are the result of traffic infractions like speeding, running red lights, etc. You must therefore make sure that you respect both the safety of other road users and the law.
- Late or non-payment of challans – Challans that are paid late or not at all: If you don’t pay your traffic violation challan on time, it shows that you have a relaxed attitude. Even though you shouldn’t violate traffic laws, you should be sure to pay the fine by the deadline if you get a challan.
- Too many claims: Filing too many claims demonstrates risky riding habits that can result in damage to your bike. Several claims will harm your riding record and cause you to lose your No Claim Bonus (NCB) concession, which can be up to 50% for 5 straight years. The cost of your bajaj allianz bike insurance can increase if you file too many claims and lose your NCB. *
- Accidents: Negligence-related accidents can negatively affect your riding or driving record since they paint you as a careless driver.
- Using intoxicating substances: If you are involved in an accident, and it is discovered that you were operating your motorbike while intoxicated, it will reflect poorly on your riding history.
- Dangerous riding: Riding recklessly can endanger your life in addition to having an adverse effect on your riding history and premium.
How can I maintain my riding record spotless?
Now that you are aware of how important your riding history is make sure to abide by the following advice to maintain a spotless riding record.
- Ride safely by being aware of your surroundings and showing consideration for other drivers. You and others may be at risk if you drive carelessly. Never ride erratically. Safeguard the safety of you and others.
- Respect traffic regulations: For the safety of all road users, traffic regulations should be respected. Be sure you don’t drive too fast, run red lights, park in prohibited places, or do anything else that can harm your riding record. For a spotless riding record, abide by the regulations.
- Punishments must be paid on time if you want to keep a clean riding record. If you get a challan for a traffic infraction, be sure you pay the fine promptly to prevent further consequences.
You can do a bike insurance check online to manage all aspects of your online insurance.
* Standard T&C Apply
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!